Re:Vanden Plas 1100

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Vanden Plas 1100
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 06:50:38 -0700 (PDT)
Listers - Can we help this lad out?

- ------- Forwarded Message Follows -------
From:          "Klass's" <klaas@marshallnet.com>
Subject:       help on unknown english car
Date:          Sun, 5 Apr 1998 00:11:03 -0600

I need anything you can tell about my 1965 vanden plas princess. i live =
in iowa, usa. can,t find a thing on it. i bought it to go with my =
spitfire that i have had 15 years. thank you.

<klaas@marshallnet.com>

The Vanden Plas 1100 was sold in the US and Canada as an MG/Vanden Plas at
BMC agencys along side the MG1100 saloons,  As I remember, these were
available in fourdoor only where as the MG was available in both 2 and
4-door versions.  It was the most deluxe version of the 1100/1300 series
with wood interior trim and picnic tables built into the front seat backs.
Mechanically, it is a big Mini and quite similar to the Austin America and
Morris 1100/1300 that were sold in the US in much larger numbers.

Parts come from Mini Mania in Milpitas, CA and Mini City in New York.
There is a national club and you could contact:  John Quilter at
415-467-7586 in Brisbane, CA for more information. He has an America and
knows all about the club.  I also know of a beautifully restored Vanden
Plas 1100 in Beverly Hills. Do any other listers know any more?  Let us
know.
See you on the Funway!

Rick Feibusch
Automotive Journalist/Appraiser