Re: Smog-legal webers? (was Advice to newcomer..)

To: Brian Furgalus <lennon80@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Smog-legal webers? (was Advice to newcomer..)
From: Daniel Pruett <jpruett@tfb.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 11:02:50 -0800

Brian Furgalus wrote:

> I was reading through the responses of you wonderful people to my
> origional enquiry anout the B, and the comment about the Weber DGV
> caught my attention.  How does one go about passing emissions with one
> of those things installed?  I've heard that raising the compression,
> adding mild cam, and adding a weber is the best way to get performance
> from the MGB, but I didn't know it was smog legal.  What components must
> be installed?  Is a catalytic converter required?  Thanks.Leaning
> towards RBB.

  I can tell you that unless you live in California, for my 1977 B, a cat
was not needed.  Thats what the old boy at the smog shop said to me anyway
as he laughed and told me I failed miserably.  ;-)

Daniel Pruett
Camp Pendleton, CA
1977 MGB  <--my favorite headache
--
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those that think alike than those who think differently."