New Owner

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Owner
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 23:21:19 -0400
Thought I'd jump in with an intro.  I've been monitoring the list for some
time now, but finally just bought my dream car - a 1974 MG Midget.  Ok, so
I have "small" dreams.  My first car at age 17 or 18 was a 1963 Midget so I
guess I'm one of those oldish farts recapturing a little of his youth.
Actually I don't consider 37 old, but it ain't 17 either. :)  Anyway, the
car has 47k miles on it and appears to be in great shape inside and out.
Just a couple of niggles to fix, but it runs great and looks super.

I'm sure glad the list is here as I know I'll be having lots of questions
soon.  Actually I have some now, but I'll save those for another post.  One
of the reasons I knew I had to get back into an MG was all the good folks
I've seen posting here and in chat.  The other two reasons I bought the
Midget is it seems a good way to learn some mechanics and of course....they
are so blasted fun to drive!  :)

Cheers,
Philip

BTW, I live in northern NJ, work in NYC so I hope to meet some of the folks
I see on the list who are in my area.