Re: master cylinder rebuild?

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>,
Subject: Re: master cylinder rebuild?
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:41:37 -0700 (PDT) (20:41 UT)
I've done mine twice in seventeen years.  Each time it held up well.
I've also done the one in my Trooper, but that's outside the scope of this
list...
Just be sure not to over-ream so as not to lose too much material. I
personally like to use a wooden dowel with a bit of heavy canvas (old
blue-jean actually) with jeweler's tripoli to give the interior a final
polish.  It may be anal-retentive, but I figure the less abrasion to the
rubber bits, the better.
PAY ATTENTION to the order and orientation of the bits as they come out!!
If you get the little plastic thingy back in backwards, it's not going
to work!

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*