Re: MGB top (hood) Cover confusion(LONGISH)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Jim Carlile" <j_carlile@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: MGB top (hood) Cover confusion(LONGISH)
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:12:00 -0500
Jim:
I guess my explanation wasn't very clear. I just bought and installed a full
tonneux (the one that goes up to the dash)
The two that came with the car are the "apron" devices that I'm curious
about. They cover only the section behind the seats, i.e. a folded top.
The difference between the two has me puzzled. One has a flap in the middle
forward piece that would hang vertically with two elastic straps on either
end with Lift the Dot snaps on the ends of the straps.
The other has the forward flap (again, this is the part that would almost be
touching the backs of the seats)attached with an intermediate piece of
fabric to the sides.
Maybe this is clearer:
     ____________________
   /                                               \
 /    /    |    separate flap    |    \    \
| _ |     --------------------------     | _ |
             ||                           ||
             ^   elastic straps ^
 /      _ |< attached here  > | _     \
   one piece, no straps, flap is continuous

Bottom Line, will they BOTH cover a folded top? Which one is more likely the
original?
Thanks for your help
Dan
'73 B