Re: MGA 1500 - oil pressure

To: rzc4@cdc.gov
Subject: Re: MGA 1500 - oil pressure
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 20:21:54 -0400 (EDT)
***********************************
Ralph:

I run Castrol 20W50 and a WIX filter.  My oil pressure at 50mph (3500rpm)
is approximately 70 psi, and at idle (1000rpm) is approximately 45-50 psi.
I run a 160 degree thermostat and it reads at 170.  The car is a 1960 MGA
1600 Roadster with 116,000 miles on the engine.  I'm not sure if this is
good or bad but gibves you an example of how others are running.  If this
seems out of line to the rest of the list I would like to hear back from you.

Eric

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;