Re: [Jim@mgforce.com: Re: Stupid Question]

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Jim@mgforce.com: Re: Stupid Question]
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 19:27:12 -0500
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> [ I assume this message was actually meant to go to the whole list.  I guess
> the original poster didn't read the instructions on where to send mail.  mjb.]
>
>      Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 11:09:33 -0700
>      From: Jim <Jim@mgforce.com>
>      Subject: Re: Stupid Question
>
> Personally I feel for the new guy - He comes on to the list and asks a
> simple question - Mark thinks that since he runs the list HE IS GOD - and
> talks down to him like a small child - Mark - You need to seriously get
> your head out of your ass and understand that everyone starts somewhere and
> asks the simple questions to learn.
>
> And Mark - I doubt seriously that you have read your computer manuals from
> beginning to end so maybe you shouldn't even turn your computer on anymore.
>
> Also Dan Ray - "If I may jump in and speak for the majority of this list:"
> - Don't ever speak for people that you don't have any clue what they are
> saying or thinking - We all can make our own decisions - You are NOT the
> majority and you don't speak for me.
>
> I came to this list expecting some good thoughts and good advise from some
> good people, obviously I was wrong - I feel that I can find that elsewhere
> and let this small group of techies stay nice and close and not let others
> join in.
>
> I'll continue to go to club meetings where they treat people more like
> friends and not hide behind their computer screens acting out their
> fantasies of ruling the world.
>
> Jim
Jeez, it must be something in the water or the phase of the moon.  I'm
relatively new to the list, have found it helpful and interesting, but
also recognized early that some are at a different level technically
than I, or that they have different uses for the contact that the list
makes available.  I'm grateful to Mark for the effort he puts out that I
benefit from.  Why get so bent out of shape?  Let it go.  Its over.
John