1980 MGB LE - Electrical & Desmog Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1980 MGB LE - Electrical & Desmog Questions
From: prsmith@navnet.net
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 15:55:38 -0300
I have a 1980 Federal US MGB LE built in Feb 80 - affectionately called
Black Beauty or Beauty.

What are the disadvantages and advantages of desmogging Beauty?  Are there
any good treatises available on the web which describe the process in
detail, and tell you how to maintain/tune it afterwards?

My hazard lights do not work but my turn signals do.  So I assume my
hazard warning flasher unit is disconnected or not operating.  Does anyone
have any tips on how to troubleshoot this item?  Where is the hazard
warning flasher located?  And also where is flasher unit loacated?

Are there any manual that cover this late model of MGB?  Haynes does not?
Bentley does not?  Chiltons does not?  Is there a great source of tech
info on the web?  If so, where?

Is there a curreent electrical diagram on the web that would cover Beauty?
Tehe diagrams in the manual do not cover all items?

Enough question for today - thanks for the anticipated help.

Preston