How can you tell what size the pistons are on a 1966 MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: How can you tell what size the pistons are on a 1966 MGB
From: Dirk de Boer <deboer@duke.usask.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 21:51:32 +0600
Here is technical question for all of you:

How can you tell what size pistons one has? The manuals only give the piston
clearance in the cylinder. In my engine, the clearance is a little over
0.020 so it's time for a rebore. I'm going to take it to the machine shop
next week but I'd like to know in advance what pistons I have. Who knows
what the DPO put in there. Anybody knows what the cylinder and piston
diameters of the standard and oversize versions are? Can you tell from the
numbers inside the piston?

Dirk de Boer
1966 MGB with an engine in bits