speedo

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: speedo
From: AEKell <AEKell@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 18:47:14 EDT
Hello there,

Can anyone present a lesson on speedometers?  Have a '57 MGA and have always
had to judge approximate speed using RPM's.  I have tried different ones with
varying results.  My instruments are Jaeger not Smith's, and the only
references I have found are for Smith's.  The  numbers appear to be consistent
with the Smith's listings, however.  My car is mostly original and I would
assume the transmission and rear end are as manufactured, but who knows.

Alan

PS . Mark, this is the first time I have started (hopefully) a thread, so if I
have done something wrong, please be gentle