Re: Greasy Wire Wheels

To: jmc987@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Greasy Wire Wheels
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:10:44 EDT
Joseph,
  Brake cleaner will work fine, if the paint is sound. Some brands are
much better than others, I have found, but they are cheap enough so you
can afford a few cans to experiment. I'm sorry, but I forget which are
such losers as to be avoided--must have just tossed them out in
frustration. 3M is pretty good.
  Carol, whom I think has an MGA, posted to the list last year the
information that she put silicone on the nipples inside the hub to retain
grease. You can imagine the comments to that! Others have since reported
that it works.
Bob