Re: Vent window

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Vent window
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 98 20:34:29 -0700
A while back, I asked:

>Are there any adjustments I can make to improve the alignment of a vent
window?  The PO
>fashioned the bottom half of a hinge out of some sheet metal. When I replace
it with the
>proper piece, the window sticks out at the top.  And when I bend the hinge to
bring the top
>of the window in, it pushes the window backward so it won't close properly.

Paul Hunt responded:

>Are you sure you have the right hinge?  The roadster and GT are different.

I checked the Vicky Brit's catalog and, sure enough, the bottom hinges
are different (At least their part numbers are.) Now the $64,000
question: how do I tell the difference?  (Other than by reading the part
number.) And if I do have the correct hinge, what else can I do to
correct the problem? Thanks.

Joseph
67 B Roadster