RE: '70 MGB GT - Heater question

To: "'Gary Davis'" <GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: '70 MGB GT - Heater question
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:46:54 -0400
Gary Davis wrote:

> Good Friday morning . . . .

mornin' dude ... ;^)

> Even though I realize the engine transfers considerable
> heat to the cockpit (especially in the GT), I suspect my
> heater may be "on" all the time.  The fan's not running,
> but I'm curious about the heater element.   How would I
> check this out?

There is a valve (360-410) on the RH side of the cylinder
head that controls the flow of water to the heater core ...
there is cable, between the valve and the heater control knob
on your dash, that opens and closes the valve.  Check to see
that the cable is connected properly and functioning.  Could
be the control knob, the cable, or the valve.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII