Re: Overspray/Sm Part Search

To: mgguyc100@newedge.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Overspray/Sm Part Search
From: RJohn50603 <RJohn50603@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 07:44:59 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-25 09:00:37 EDT, mgguyc100@newedge.net writes:

<< Need your input on two items. First, I seem to have allowed a very fine
dust
 of overspray to land on my B during the winter's OD installation. Although I
 thought I was being extremely cautious by covering the car (I have a small
 paint booth for spraying small parts), it would seem that the finest of dust
 has stuck to some areas of the car that were obviously left uncovered. It's
 practically invisible to the naked eye, but as you rub your finger along the
 surface, you can feel the roughness. This is all on flat, horizontal
 surfaces - like the trunk lid.

 Question is - how to remove without scratching the finish? There also
 appears to be a fine dusting on the plastic windows of the top, and here
 again, my concernis using too abrasive a removal agent, and leaving
 scratches, or a hazing. Comments, suggestions?

Try a Clay Magic kit. It is to be used after washing and before waxing to
remove all kinds of contaminants, including a light overspray. Afterward
you'll have the best wax job you've ever seen. You'll find it at PEP boys.
Have no PEP Boys in your area? E-mail me and I'll get you in touch with
someone who can get you one. This is a professional product that went retail
about three years ago.

R. Johnson - Dallas