Wire Wheel Conversion

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wire Wheel Conversion
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 20:03:26 -0400
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the wire wheel
conversion kits I've seen in VicBrit.  As sort of a longer term project
(due to the expense) I am looking to convert from my rostyles to wire
wheels.  At Britfest I picked up some decent wheels and knockoffs for not
too much money.  If the conversion setup is on the level I may go that way
instead of a new rear axel, etc.  OTOH, I sort of have a bias which says if
it is easier than the "old way" it probably isn't as good.  Then again, I
like spin off oil filters.  :)

Any personal stories on whether the conversion kits are legit?

Philip
1974 MG Midget (Burgundy)