Long idea explanation for Re: US front license on Rubber Bumber MGB?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "F Crocker" <jafcjr@presys.com>
Subject: Long idea explanation for Re: US front license on Rubber Bumber MGB?
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 18:55:18 -0500
Just a thought....
I'm no State trooper, nor an engineer and I have a CBB, (no bumper to
reference)
BUT, it seems to me that with some forethought, bending of the thin metal,
and whatnot, a clamp device could be found at a hardware store, times two,
that might rectify this situation and allow it to be:
1) clamped to one side "off angle" from the intake, to prevent wind
blockage. (although no B is really fast enough for this to be a
consideration)
2) Clamped, and not drilled onto the bumper. If you run the screws (metal,
round head) that attach the plate outwards, it won't scar the rubber -- the
head of the screw will snug into the rubber with maybe two indents to show
they've been there, and paint the "clamps" flat or satin black to match,
depending on the condition of the rubber (hopefully satin is your goal). If
the metal strips run OVER the bumper, then gravity and air will keep them
secure, right?
Then again, there's always VELCRO! My fave (stuck with rubber sticky but
liftable glue)
If I went further, I'd be afraid of losing a potential patent that I have no
earthly intention of demanding.
Yankee ingenuity, I think they call it, although I hate the term. ;)

Dan
'73 B