Re: Badges

To: George Merryweather <georgem1@top2.ficnet.net.tw>
Subject: Re: Badges
From: Philip Morgan <padre@billman.kuntrynet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 20:50:58 -0700
George Merryweather wrote:

> Due to my current geographic 'condition', I have access to a number of
> reasonably priced manufacturers.  I am currently pursuing manufacturers of
> cloisonné badges that you described.  These are similar to the NAMGAR and
> The Texas MG Register badges.  These are the more expensive style of badge
> with the 'color' inlaid in the metal, not painted on.  From a point of
> reference, if you look in your handy Moss catalog, page A6 has painted on
> badges, 18.95 each, and on page A7, a cloisonné badge for 29.95.  I have
> taken one of the TMGR badges, (I'm a member), as a sample.  We sell the
> badge for 37.50.  I can buy the same badge over here for well under $15.
> The primary issue is the quantity desired.
> If you would like me to get a quote for you, I would be happy to.  If you
> could send me a diagram, scan, etc. of what you want the badge to look like,
> the colors involved, and the requested quantity, I'll see what I can do.
> Let me know.
>
> G-
>
> George Merryweather
> george_cr@bigfoot.com

George any ideas on this would be appreciated.
at the last minute I decided that I had to go to Grand Rapids MI, right
past John Twist's shop. I didn't have time to disconnect my carbs from my
1974 1/2 MGBGT to take with me for the badly needed rebuild so I got a
local mechanic to come by last night and remove the necessary bits. When
I got to Twist's I realized that the mechanic had packed only the carbs
and not the linkages and other fixtures. When I got back tonight I found
them balancing on the valve cover. Now the question - does anyone know of
something that these parts could be soaked in to make them look "like
new" ! I have heard that TOMATO KETCHUP works very well! anyone got any
ideas!
regards Padre
PS John is doing very well after his surgery.