Re: reversing polarity

To: stritle@epix.net
Subject: Re: reversing polarity
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 21:14:08 EDT
Hi Steve,
  The radio is the key to this question.  Some radios, especially those
that are 20+ years old, have a switch that allows you to select Pos or
Neg earth.  You will want to check the radio or its literature pretty
carefully to determine this, for polarity reversal tends to make radios
very quiet very quickly.
  Perhaps some of the listers could help out on this if you could send
out the make and model of the radio.
  Changing the polarity is quick and easy, but let's establish if this
radio must be on a Neg earth system first.
Bob