Re: Carb leak question

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Carb leak question
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 20:30:11 -0500
Philip Hubbard wrote:

> PS I have tested today and it pours gas out like a faucet.  No
> leak between carb and short fuel line, but it leaks badly at the other
> end...the end connecting short fuel line to float chamber.

Good rebuild kits have a brass fitting from the fuel jet hose to the float
chamber. Do you have that type? If it's the plastic fitting, they are easy to
cross thread. If it's brass you and you didn't cross thread it, you should be
able to snug it down a little more. For the plastic fitting, I've had good luck
with white teflon (plumber's) tape.

The last good use for the old (miniature) ignition wrenches is to work on the
fittings of SU carbs. They are small enough to swing in the enclosed area and
keep you from over-torquing the fittings.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6