Stiff steering wheel - small advice

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stiff steering wheel - small advice
From: "Alberto Manganini" <albertom@tin.it>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 22:51:18 +0200
Are you experiencing a stiff steering wheel? Before you start to worry
about worn kingpins, steering box gone or other nightmares on that side,
check the rack mountings! In my case there was the one above the throttle
pedal that was completely unbolted, and free to go everywhere. (Many
thanks, dear DPO).
The result was a pain in the a** steering, which made the car (an MGB in my
case) behaving at 60mph as fluidly as during parking!
I just bolted that mounting, checking the rack alignment, and eventually
the famous mgb handling came out!
The most effective 10 minutes I spent working on my car, ever.
Hope this helps

Ciao

 Alberto Manganini - albertom@tin.it
"Virgin wool comes from ugly sheep"