Tyre Filler

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tyre Filler
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:18:05 EDT
<< I stole a trick from the motor cycle crowd &
hollowed out an old spark plug & prazed it to an air line fitting, added
some hose & a tire inflator end, & this is what I carry. Just replace a
sparkplug, & start the motor. It will idle a little rough, but do no
dammage in the few minutes it takes to fill the tire. After all, all a
gasoline motor is, is an air pump.>>

Interesting emergency measure, but I'd be concerned about the effects of long
term exposure of the rubber to the hydrocarbon mix that you are also pumping
in. Any chemists out there have an opinion on this?

Bill S.