R: Opinion on 1966 MGB....

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: R: Opinion on 1966 MGB....
From: "Alberto Manganini" <albertom@tin.it>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 00:48:43 +0200
> I looked at that 66 B today.  At least, I think its a 66... the VIN is
> GHN3L/70307 which Vicky Brit and some other list as a 65 model year
> but Moss and Clausager which I would tend to believe do not have a
starting
> car # for the 66 model year so it could very well be.  Anyway I digress.

Mine is GHN3L/62251, and it is an end of april/beginnings of may 1965.
During 1965 MG built more than 24000 cars (cars? miracles!) and chassis no.
in the 71000s were built in september 65, hence all lets us suppose that
1965 would be the correct year of what, if your description is right,
should *already* be *your* brand new toy!
Really can't understand how they could fit a 4synchro tranny into the
3synchro tunnel, however.

Ciao