Re: OD

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: OD
From: JustBrits <JustBrits@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 20:16:18 EDT
Hey Bill:

    For some reason or another. I must have failed to see any mention of why
Indy Cars have an 'Overdrive' (oh hell) gear!!   Or did I just miss the genius
of Roger Penske on this list and/or subject???

                 Ed
                 '63 Austin-Healey BJ-7 (Hortense THE Healey) with SIX [6]
forward motion
                            gears that at final drive ratio is less than 1 to
1 and does save wear
                            & tear and gives better gas mileage { and goes
faster than a lot of
                            "non-OD" cars.] .