Re: Clutch

To: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 16:18:09 -0600
RPM has gone up since the dark ages when I was racing, I guess.  Seems
like we used to select the rear end ratio that would let us reach the
power peak a bit before the end of the longest straight in top gear.
Couldn't always do that of course but we didn't have cubic money. ;^)

 I knew a guy by the name Walters in El Paso, who ran a foreign car
shop. He had been to the Leyland factory school, knew from MGs.  His
wife had an RBB that he'd tweaked the engine in.  He and I would tear
off in that thing whenever he had it at the shop and I showed up to
palaver.  He had a 280 degree cam in that thing with light valve gear
and double springs, would turn it up to 8,000 in first and second
gears.  Used to scare the hell out of me thinking of those little
pistons raising hell up front.  Dunno how she drove it.
--
  Charley Robinson
  Kerrville, TX, USA