Re: Jaguar

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Jaguar
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 10:56:04 -0400
>She spied a 1985 Jaguar XJ-S with v-12.  Does anyone have knowledge of
>anything in the nature of problems or shortcommings I should be aware when
>considering a purchase of one of these?  Sorry to bomb the MG list with this
>but thought if no one knew at least someone might give me some internet
>direction on where to find our it this model has any major flaws to look for.

I absolutely *love* the XJS, and I almost had one.

Until my mechanic warned me otherwise.

Remember, in the 80s, Jaguar was built by BL -- which suffered horrid build
quality. Immense quality control problems. The v12 is a nightmare. $3000 valve
jobs...

I used to have an 81 XJ6 and it literally drained ALL of the money from my
bank
account. Parts are not cheap. You're better off getting a newer Jaguar, or an
older (early 70s) Jaguar.

Get a copy of the book "Experience in a Book" by Kirby Palm - it's available
online at

<http://www.jag-lovers.org/>http://www.jag-lovers.org

Again, I love the S, but I just don't make the $80k a year to support one. =)

BEN RUSET - ICQ # 10364973
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring

http://members.home.com/mgbhaven