Re: carbon canister

To: ENRIQUE CLAURE <span@datacom-bo.net>
Subject: Re: carbon canister
From: Der schwarze Buccaneer <js-allen@students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 11:29:46 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 12 May 1998, ENRIQUE CLAURE wrote:

> Hello all, I will be installing a side draft webber on my MGB. I wonder if
> the carbon canister can be connected to the carb or is it no longer possible
> to use and will just have to sit there? Enrique

        Couldn't a Y-piece be used to merge the cannister line with the
tappet cover hose and run to whatever vacuum fitting(s) exist on the
sidedraft (or to one installed in the air filtering system if the
sidedrafts don't have vacuum fittings)?

                                                -Scott Allen
                                                js-allen@students.uiuc.edu

        "At dawn we will face the greatest test of our resolve.  But I
say this: though starving, hunger will not weaken us; though diseased,
illness will not cripple us, and though weary, exhaustion will not claim
us.  We can fight knowing that all true Reiklanders will forevermore
honour our valiant gesture of defiance, even though our bodies be left to
feed the beasts of carrion.

        Mind you...we could always surrender."  -Rick Priestly's Siege