running temp yet again

Subject: running temp yet again
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 20:13:21 -0500
Okay, I was convinced that my B was meant to run on the warm side of the
"N" of the gauge - 76 MGB.  I drained the water / antifreeze mixture and
ran it three times with water only.  Each time it got to the same spot -
just past the N.  So I get a thermometer and stick it inside the
radiator while the car is running.  Lo and behold the thing says 182 deg
F.  I have a 180 thermostat.  So is either the sending unit or the gauge
bad?  Once again, yellow plas. fan w/elec. fan for backup, new t'stat,
new hoses, new radiator cap, and a line bypassing the (removed for
recoring) heater.
Thanks for following.........
--
Tyson Sherman