Re: bumperettes etc..

To: Skye Poier <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: bumperettes etc..
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 02:08:49 -0400
Skye Poier wrote:
> Okay, next question.. I tried to get the bumperettes (I think thats what
> they are called) off on the front, I see its just a single bolt.  Of
> course they are rusted all to hell, and while taking one off, I heard a
> large POP and upon looking inside with the trusty maglight, saw that
> the bolt on the inside was turning freely.  Bah.  Is this supposed to be
> a captive nut?  How the heck am I supposed to get the bolt out?

  It's not captive, but the slot in the bumperette is elongated and
matches the bolt head shape. The problem is that the bumperette is
really thin metal so it only takes a bit of force to make the
bolt spin and round the hole. Oh well.

  A nut splitter will take that sucker off faster than you can
say "What's a nut splitter".

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/