Re: Low Compression Reading (longish)

To: dereck.carey@cdsi.com
Subject: Re: Low Compression Reading (longish)
From: Harlan Jillson <hjillson@halnet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:00:45 -0500
Dereck,
   Did you take a compression reading before you adjusted the valves?

   I don't know what anyone else thinks,  but I doubt that the engine
would even fire with a compression of 20 ( if it did,  it wouldn't be
very well).  I sure don't think you'd have made an uneventful 3 hr. trip
home with the car.

   IMHO you might want to check your valve lash / timing procedure.

   Just an idea...
H.