Re: Oil Coolers + K&N AF Gauge question

To: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@ross.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Coolers + K&N AF Gauge question
From: Enrique Claure <span@datacom-bo.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 07:27:07 -0400
Hello listers, I have been looking into adding K&N filters to my Ghia, MG
,280Z and Daily Driver Subaru. Initially I considered putting those airflow
intake systems in my subaru because of all the power increase claims. A
thread of the topic on the Z list made me realize that increase power is
very unlikely. If you remove the filter all together you dont feel any power
increase so with a filter no matter how good this power increase will not
happen IMHO. Now the good news. K&N filters of Akimoto are very good,
reusable for the life of your car and are very open flow wise in comparison
to an OEM filter. My suggestion is
use the K&N they are worth it for filtration purposes. As for power increase
with an intake systems I regret to inform that I have serious doubts, Enrique
At 03:34 AM 5/16/1998 -0500, you wrote:

>My '78 Does NOT have one, but will soon as I can afford it. All of my MGBs
>(a '71, both '72s and my early '74 came w/ the oil cooler).
>
>Does any one have/use a K&N Ari/Fuel mixture ratio gauge. I'm thinking
>about buyig one but they cost $199.85.

Enrique Claure
PO BOX 777-TOP 196
MIAMI FL 33152