Re: MGB tappets adjustment

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: MGB tappets adjustment
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 16:15:29 -0400
Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:

> Hi Alberto,
>
>   The jam nuts take a 1/2" wrench, so I presume you need a 1/2" drive,
> 1/2" socket.  Tell me more about how this "Clickadjust" thingy works.
> Does it fit on top of the socket?  I'm used to using a 1/2" box end
> wrench and a screwdriver.
> --
>   Charley Robinson
>   Kerrville, TX, USA
>   NAMGBR  8-3530
>   `69 B Roadster

Charley,

I was going to comment on the original message, but I didn't want to
rain on Alberto's parade.  The "Clickadjust" and other devices like it
would seem to make adjusting tappets easier.  I found that it wasn't
accurate and was more of a pain to use than the normal box-end and
screwdriver.  It would seem to eliminate the need for feeler gauges, but
I could never trust it to set the gap correctly.  Stick with your tried
and true method.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/