A big drive for a little car

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A big drive for a little car
From: Greg Kaufman <gregk@infolane.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 20:45:47 -0700
Hi everybody,

My name is Greg Kaufman, I am editor of Austin-Healey Magazine published by
the Austin-Healey Club USA.

Two of the clubs' officers, President Reid Trummel and Membership Director
Mark Allen, have struck out on the road in a 1979 MG Midget in honor of
British Car Week. They are also doing me a huge favor by driving my newly
acquired MG, a graduation gift for my daughter, from Maryland to California
with the goal of reaching home by 5/21.

They spent most of today preparing the car for the journey (sun-tan lotion,
ice chest... the important stuff) and hit the road this afternoon. Reid
reports the car is in great shape with plenty of pick-up and shifts like a
dream. Of course there was the prerequisite breakdown that certifies any
true British car as authentic, but no big deal.

At about 150 miles the car began to suffer from fuel starvation and stopped
running. Reid and Mark had the car towed to a gas station where further
inspection on the rack revealed a deteriorated rubber section of fuel line
and clogged fuel filter. An hour later and $19.00 poorer the guys were back
on the road with all systems go.

They got as far as West Virginia tonight and Mark tells me they will start
very early tomorrow to make up for some lost time.

Looking forward to getting their report tomorrow night. Drive safe guys!

Greg