Air Filter Clearance

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air Filter Clearance
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 08:47:13 -0400
To answer Ulix's question, I know there is a clearance problem and not a
bonnet catch issue because it wouldn't close at all until I slightly dented
in the air filter cover.  :)  Also, I can see where the bonnet's underside
has been scored by the rubbing of filter cover against it.  Also, I can
hear the rattle intermittently.  It's definitely the air filter clearance.

BTW, can anyone tell me what size socket I need to remove my spark plugs?
Didn't seem to be listed in the Haynes manual as I'm sure they assume one
knows.  My standard spark plug socket I got in my little set was woefully
inadequate both in depth and in diameter.  I have an American standard set
which I presume could be the problem.  British Standard here too?

Thanks for the help.

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget