Re: Ignorance rises again--what is a "drophead" coupe?

To: "Carol" <car@intersatx.net>, "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>,
Subject: Re: Ignorance rises again--what is a "drophead" coupe?
From: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 21:09:20 -0500
Mostly people use the term when they mean the top comes off, but don't want
to say convertable.
It originated to distinguish between two types of "convertables", the
roadster & the drop head coupe.
The roadster was more elemental...maybe side curtains & a single layer top.
The DHC had roll up windows, lined top & heater.

Jim