Removing radiator from MGTD

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Removing radiator from MGTD
From: "James W. Dunn" <104610.3053@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 22:38:17 -0400
  Hello,

           I'm in the process of removing the radiator from
my 52 MGTD and as usual it's not going smoothly.  =

The nuts that go on the bolts at the bottom of the radiator
where the radiator bolts to a cross member seem to be
to close the the steering rack.  As I run these nuts down
they hit on the steering rack and prevent me from removing
them.  Is this the correct way to do this and if so what should
I do to get the nuts off the bolts?  Maybe when the car was
restored some 12 years ago that some of the parts were
lined up to close together.
     Thanks in advance for your help.

  Jim Dunn
  52 MGTD