Sports cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sports cars
From: WSpohn4 <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:02:56 EDT
<<I have an on going argument with the guys at work. I insist that the Camaro,
Firebird and Mustang are properly called sporty cars or sport sedans. A sedan
can not be a sports car, no matter how fast it is. Alas, even General Motors
has been guilty of calling the Camaro a sports car. Any car that can haul the
family to the supermarket and bring back the groceries, is not a sports car.
(I'm probably preaching to the choir here, right?)

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)>>

The old distinction has always been number of seats. A closed car with only 2
seats was a sports car, with 4 a sports sedan. That was why the AMX ran in A
prod. while the Camaros had to run as sedans.
There was one odd time when they classed a 911 Porsche in sedan for some
organization or other (might have been FIA rally regs) which gave it an
advantage - anyone remember details?

Bill S.