Re: Help... alternator seized

To: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>, "mg" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Help... alternator seized
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 07:08:30 -0400
On 5/22/98 12:57 PM so and so  Andrew Errington said. (And I quote)

>...and as I watched, the alternator pulley seized and stopped, then the fan
>belt screamed as it slipped on the now motionless pulley.

When this happend to me, midway between Nowhere and Nowheresville, I tied
a shoe string around the waterpump pulley and the crank pulley. Drove
into the nearest town (Chugwater, WY) and found a fan belt that I could
stretch over the same two pulleys. Drove it like that (daytime only) for
about two weeks, until I could get a new alternator.

I think someone on the list has an address for a kit to put a Delco in,
forget who (somebody will let us know).

Good Luck

Larry Macy
78 Midget