Re: Hardtop Hardware

Subject: Re: Hardtop Hardware
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 08:06:54 -0500
Hi Larry,

That description sounds like the top I recently purchased from fellow
lister, Frank Krajewski (thanks again Frank). He had all the parts with the
top. The pieces you need would be very easy to make from 1/8" flat bar. If
you don't have any luck locating the parts, let me know and I will draw,
dimension, scan & e-mail the drawings of the 2 pieces to you.

Would anyone on the list have any info on these hard tops? Maybe for seal
replacement or dealer literature.

At 03:19 PM 5/25/98 EDT, LRuggi2635 <LRuggi2635@aol.com> wrote:
>Hi fellow listers--
>
>I know it's supposed to be summer, but I picked up a nice 'B hardtop at the
>Atlanta British Car Day show (great show, by the way...).  It's the American
>dealer offered hardtop (black simulated vinyl outside, white inside) with the
>aluminum trim around the edges, etc.  All it's missing is the hardware to
>clamp it to the tonneau bar fittings on both sides--anyone have a spare set,
>or know where they can be sourced?  Lacking originals, facsimiles
shouldn't be
>too hard to cobble together.  In the meantime, .030" safety wire works great!
>Thanks in advance...
>
>Larry Ruggiero
>'72 MGB
>'65 Sprite