New SU setup!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New SU setup!
From: BDurgin1 <BDurgin1@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 12:00:21 EDT
I just replaced the SU's on my 64 B and found the following after a lot of
screwing around:

1. The car will only run with the jets screwed about 20-22 flats out.
Although all the books say this is too rich, the Colortune shows blue through
the #1 plug.  If I lean it out , even a couple of flats, the car will not run.

2.  I am having a heck of a time trying to get the car to idle at 500 RPM, as
per the specs on the 18G engine.  The best I can do is about 800-900 idle and
it seems to be  a little rough at that.

3. The car accelaerates much better and smoother, but I was concerned about
the above.

Anyone have similar experiences?  BTW, these are new SU 465 that were for the
later 1971 B engine which I modified back to the original specs of the AU 52's
that were stock on my car.  I paid $150 for them brand new with the chrome
dashpots!

Bruce Durgin
64 B