1938 TA Question

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1938 TA Question
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 18:36:32 -0500
I'm trying to help out a club member here. If it were me I'd be using 3M
weatherstrip adhesive with Astroturf (it was good enough for Willy Jack
in his El Camino!)

Anyway, a fellow is putting new carpet in a 1938 TA. The guy doing the
work wants to know what are the proper screws that go along the back of
the cockpit in front of the gas tank to secure the carpet.

So the question is what were the original fasteners? Sheetmetal screws
or slotted screws. If you have any particulars, I would appreciate you
making me look pretty bright. It doesn't happen very often.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6 (both now broke!)