Re: Clunking - Suspension (continued)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clunking - Suspension (continued)
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 22:31:30 -0400
At 09:33 AM 5/27/98 +1000, you wrote:
>There is a guide to checking front suspension and brakes at
>
>    http://www.cgl.rmit.edu.au/~mg/cars/goblins/tech/frontend.htm
>
>It is a pretty good Q&A guide to checking what might be wrong and
>is helpful to non-experts in distinguishing between different problems.
>
>Mike

Just read this short, informative article.  Very good.

I'd like to thank everyone for all the advice on the suspension clunking.
Darned if I couldn't get it to clunk again this evening.  I was trying to
pinpoint where the sound was coming from.  I think in the end, I will just
end up taking it to the mechanic.  I'd like an expert, hands on diagnosis
of what sort of problem I have and if it is beyond me, repair.  Since I've
got a guy a trust completely, this seems the way to go.

Oh, BTW, I reduced the air in my tires and now the car isn't nearly as
jumpy as it was.  I had the suckers really pumped up!  I was up around
35psi.  I think I was paying too much attention to the rating of the tire
and too little to the negligible weight of the car.  Now it's 30 back
tires, 28-29 front tires.  MUCH better.  :)

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget