Nashville Show & Swap

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Nashville Show & Swap
From: LSheeley@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 11:55:38 EDT
I setup my hat booth at the Nashville British Car and Motorcycle Show & Swap
Saturday. Great venue for the event. It's held in the old railroad station in
what I think was the passenger loading area. Its a big covered area with the
roof gone. Couldn't help thinking of the Battle of Britian, Bridge Too Far
movies and photos we saw in '96 on our 25th Wedding Anniversary trip for 9
days in England of the war damage.

Adding to the feeling of war-torn England was a fabulous display by the
Nashville Military Vehicle Assn. Two jeeps and an armored scout car just like
Michael Caine rode in Bridge Too Far. The display blew me away with period
British army uniforms, mess kits, lots of machine guns, captured German
wireless, war poster with old Winnie. It was a bit of all right!

Met the owner of the scout car. Very nice guy. He had it shipped from England
with a military paint job (OK you guys, there's the tank, here's the green
paint and brushes--paint anything that doesn't move). He drove it to the event
on the Interstate. Probably gets a few stares.

Also a very nice display of 60's motorcycles--Nortons, BSA's, etc. I was
afraid I was going to flash back to High School days!!

Really good show.

Lynn Sheeley
Knoxville, Tn
The List Hat Guy