Re: Emissions

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Emissions
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 20:45:37 -0400
Philip Hubbard wrote:

> For tomorrow's test I've got the leak fixed and the carbs tuned.  I've also
> been told to retard my timing severely, lean out the carbs and idle up.

All good advice save lean out the carbs.  If the carbs are leaner than stoic.
you'll have a lean misfire.  If the results show low CO and high HC you're too
lean.  If high CO and high HC too rich.  This happened to me in a Ford.
Richened
the mixture 1/2 a turn and passed with flying colors

> The biggest problem is that I think I'm supposed to have an air pump on my
> '74 Midget, but I don't.  I really don't want to be forced to buy one, but...

If there is no visual test you should be fine (if the mixtures OK)

> Wish me luck.
>
> Philip
> Burgundy 1974 Midget

  Luck