Re: Kangol seat belts - Snake-Oil?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "don" <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Kangol seat belts - Snake-Oil?
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 19:56:46 -0500
Don:
No help here, but a while back I needed a Kangol belt latch (the part that
bolts to the tunnel) for my '73. I finally found one in a junkyard. Time for
me to dig into my new "Original MGB" book, Kangol is stamped on all the seat
belt latches I've seen!
This started a BIG discussion on seatbelt restoration.
The best and safest answer is to buy a Hemmings Motor News (a good read for
anyone), find "Snake-Oyl" (sp?) and call them. No interest in the company,
etc., I found old parts to do the work.
Any help listers?
I couldn't find it flipping through the mag, couldn't find an Advertisers
index, but Sanke Oyl is in there somewhere!  They restore seat belts.
There's NOTHING in the manuals about this. I would try pulling the sucker
apart and fixing the little thingy that's broke, but that's just me, and
that's probably BAD advice, too.:) Safety Fast!

Dan - waiting for the tornado that the sirens are wailing about...let's go,
Dorothy, and ride this sucker! woohoo