B Suspension History Lesson

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: B Suspension History Lesson
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 20:16:16 -0500
Wow, Anders Clausager just taught me why my B looks like it's squatting in
the back, I think.
" Aug '72 - New front springs, to increase height at the front by .5 in., in
order to overcome the problem of 'settling' due to export cars being lashed
down on board ships." (p. 147)
So I guess this "look" is natural for Bs made 8/72 - 8/74!
I asked about it at the Indy meet saturday, and looked closely at others.
"Looks ok to me", was the answer.
I'm not too keen on lowering it anymore (in the front), the center silencer
is too close as it is!
Hmmm....just thought I'd share my discovery. What a great book!
Dan
'73 B