New Starter

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Starter
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 23:33:22 -0400
Thanks to all who replied about my starter and where to get one.  Seems Kar
Parts can order one for under $50 with my trade in.  Sounds good, but there
is one more thing I'm going to check before ordering.

Looking for broken connections, groundings, etc. I found this - very badly
frayed and nearly broken connection to the coil.  Would this cause my
problem which is that the car starts to turn over when I turn the ignition
and then comes to a halt a few seconds later?  Sounds kind of like dead
battery, but when turn the lights on they come on bright and stay that way.
 They don't fade down.

In any case, I've got to fix the coil connection.  Hope Radio Shack can
supply a suitable connector as there is one in the Port Authority Bus
Terminal where I commmute into NYC everyday.

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget