MGB White Smoke when idling

To: "mgs autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB White Smoke when idling
From: "David M. Proffitt" <D.M.Proffitt@mds.qmw.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 16:22:44 GMT
Hello All

When i first got my 1970 MGB GT it used to produce small quantities
of white smoke from the exhaust when idling at junctions etc.

After about six months the head gasket blew

I replaced the gasket and have been driving it for about 3 months now
- the smoke seemed to have gone - so I had assumed it was from oil
that was getting into the combustion chamber while the gasket was in
the early stages of deterioration?

In the last week it has started to produce white smoke for a short
while after starting but this soon clears on revving the engine

Am I looking at the beginning of the same senario again? (if so is
there any thing I can do) or is this likely to be a coincidental
symptom with some other cause?

any advice appreciated

David Proffitt