To buy... or NOT to buy...

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: To buy... or NOT to buy...
From: "Douglas Gaither" <gaither@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 18:27:58 -0700
Listers,

I ran across a 1975 MGB out in the country that has $100 painted on the
windshield.  The interior is toast and most of the body has dents.  CA car =
little rust.  The engine looks scruffy and its condition is unknown.  There
is not an OD.  I don't really need this car, but there are many parts
available to be parted out.  I'm fairly sure that I could sell $100 of parts
from it.

My question is...

Is doing this really just a big giant pain-in-the-butt and not really worth
the few hundred $$ I would profit?

I have a little space on the side of my house, but I don't want to leave a
car there indefinately.  A full restore may/may-not be worthwhile as prices
for RB MG's are pretty low.  The engine/tranny condition would make or break
that proposition.

So, do I buy?

Doug