Midget engine removal

Subject: Midget engine removal
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 18:46:16 -0500
Guess I have to remove the Midget engine/tranny to get to the faulty
transmission in my 72 Midget.  There's a parts transmission I can get
parts from for free locally; I'll do that before I buy a used one.  I
think it should be something obvious like broken linkage.
Any tips on removing the engine/tranny/both?  I know some stuff in front
of the radiator will have to be removed.  I've never done anything like
this before.  Got a Haynes manual I'll start studying tonight.
Is it possible to pull up the engine with a forklift (and chain)?  I
have free access to several forklifts, if not I'll get something else.
Thanks!

--
Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman