Re:splicing wires...

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:splicing wires...
From: Douglas McKinnie <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 98 12:39:50 +0100
>.....Anyway, there are some wires that have been cut in the B
>and are currently connected with a "pigtail" splice and wrapped in
>electrician's tape.
>I read somewhere about another splice.. I think it was called a
>"linemans" splice...... . If anyone could describe it to me I'd be
>grateful.  I also picked up some shrink tubing from Radio Shack so
>I can get the job done right...

To be even more 'right' get some solder on the connection. RS used
to sell some 'solder tape' that would make this possible even without
tools or skill -- just wrap the splice in the foily stuff and heat
with a flame. (Start with shiny copper wires)

Heat shrink will delay but not eliminate the oxidation that an
airtight or soldered connection eliminates. It is good stuff even on
a soldered connection though!

Douglas McKinnie